CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Petrol

This week is week one of three where I study petroleum and water distribution. As a quartermaster officer I am in charge of everything from supply to cooks to mortuary affairs to parachute riggers to fuel and water distribution.

You'd be surprised at how interesting it actually is. I assumed that you drive up to the pump, squeeze the trigger on the handle and out comes fuel. There is SOOOO much more to it than that.

Did you know that you can fit more gas in your tank if you fill up in the cool morning than in the warmer afternoon? That despite what the Myth Busters say, a cell phone actually can ignite fuel vapors? That algae can grow in gas tanks that sit unused for awhile?

There's all kinds of other little cool things I learned. Others have said this is boring. Perhaps I am just weird.

1 comments:

livelypen said...

Both--it's kinda interesting and you're a bit weird. Or, a "renaissance man" as my little sisters were saying this past weekend. Not the nerdy, medieval reenactor type, just the cool, interested-in-everything-from-sailing-to-shearing-your-own-Angorra-goats type.