CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Chesno

Chesno.

What's that?

I lived in the former Soviet Union for two years ('94-'96), and picked up Russian fluently. I mean, I had to or the mafia (ah, the mafia), would steal my passport, only give me 150,000 Coupons for my 1 US Dollar in trade and kidnap my roommate/work companion for sale to another country like they do all their aging equipment (hello, Middle East. Do you own any Soviet military gear?)

Anyway, Chesno.

Chesno is Russian for "honest". Chesno slova literally means "honest word", but has many other meanings that are difficult to explain if you're not hip to Russian nuances, so I won't tell you. Also, having not been there in a full decade, I can't remember them all.

This blog will be my chesno slova online. Everything else I write online will be pure bull plop (especially in Yahoo! message boards). I have no real direction or theme with this blog other than chesno. It will be in the title or text of each blog somewhere, or at least I will say that it is, from a certain point of view.

Enjoy, and don't chesno my chesno with that other chesno over there. Jerk.
Told you I didn't really remember all the nuances . . .

0 comments: