CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 05, 2006

Chesno Chicks


So, last night I got back from two days of flying in the helicopter looking for raptors . . . again. This time we didn't "go down". I have a serious case of tired butt. Pretty sure that is the medical term for it.

Anyway, we were lucky enough to find a peregrine falcon nest, barn owl nest with eggs, see lots of owls, hawks, and falcons, and tons of golden eagle nests. Most were old and inactive but there were two that we found that each had three chicks similar to the picture included here (similar because these are bald eagle chicks not goldies).

All in all it was a pretty good trip, but I am still recovering from my dramamine "trip". I feel like a am going to fall asleep every 15 minutes. Now I know why the package said "Less Drowsy" and NOT "Non Drowsy". At least they were honest. I was "less" drowsy than certain times in Iraq when I went without sleep for 30+ hours.

0 comments: