CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Chesno Changes

So, today is a watershed day in the Ashton home. Our son is attending his first day of kindergarten as I type.

My wife took him to school this morning, but tomorrow our neighbor, the bus driver, will pick him up, and her grandson (my son's best friend), and he will begin his daily adventure for real on to school.

Life has changed already because of this. Beginning this week I will be attending a 2-week-long Army leadership school. My wife planned on spending a week of time with her family while I was away. We then realized: Turner has school! Wow, that's new!

There is also something psychological about sending your first born (not including the dog), off to school for the first day. I don't feel melancholy per se, but there is just something different there . . .

0 comments: