CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Stupid Bees

So, I may go and gas the bees after all. Sure, I've been able to steal a boatload of honey from them this year, but when you get stung in the eye, honey seems like no big deal.

It all happened tonight when I went to steal more honey. Things were going alright, but I was getting buzzed quite a bit. I know better than to open up a hive when it is cold, overcast, approaching bedtime, and at this time of year the bees are extra protective of their honey.

They got me, and I learned a lesson. Doesn't mean I'll change the way I do things. Did I really learn anything?

**UPDATE: When I woke this morning the swelling was even worse and my eye was so totally swollen shut you couldn't even see my eye lashes. It is going down now, but the doctor said that he couldn't do anything about it. Hopefully, it doesn't impact my job interview tomorrow, or my drive down to my 2-week Army training.

2 comments:

Soozcat said...

Oh, OW. Ow ow ow ow ow...

Well, think of it this way. You got to learn something from the experience. The bee just got to die.

Soozcat said...

How's the eye doing these days? Better, I hope.