CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's begun.

Yesterday I walked out the back door to feed the chickens and immediately spotted a kestrel hunting sparrows around my house. He swooped after one that got away, flew back over my roof and then perched my my neighbor's tree that overhangs onto my property.


This morning I was out with the chickens again and a big red-tailed hawk flew low over my back acre and landed on one of my fence posts. He too was out hunting. Hopefully not for my chickens, but to be honest he could take a couple and I would probably never know.


The fall raptor migration has begun. That may not sound too exciting, but for a wildlife biologist like me it is pretty cool. Especially when I get to see it in my own backyard.

0 comments: