CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pathetic

Bah. What a terrible year for honey. I hope those of you who enjoyed my sweet, sweet harvest last year don't get your hopes up too high this year.

I harvested about 3 weeks ago and only got 33 pounds or so. Two of those are already gone. The drought was definately a factor as was the lateness of my extracting. Some of the honey had crystallized in the comb and couldn't be removed.
All in all it was really disappointing. Still dang good honey, but not nearly enough of it. I do still have comb honey to take too so at least it isn't as little as it sounds like.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

What!? You best not be expecting to see me around much now that there's no sweet, sweet honey to tempt me. Unless you're willing to make lots of those cranberry-date bars to make up for it.

Soozcat said...

Hey, while I have your attention, wha'ppen to Eriksson Eats?

Chesno Slova said...

Ohhh, Eriksson Eats is currently being rolled into our family website as a subset of it much like yours and Curtis' are subsets of your overarching [URL redacted]. Hopefully it will be up and running shortly, but in the meantime, if you need any of those recipes email, call, or drop by, and see the beginnings of the new site at http://www.maple-acres.com It is not quite like I want it, but coming along okay.