CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 02, 2007

Brother Update

My brother David's surgery was postponed from Tuesday until yesterday. The operation began at about 7am and ended about 5 1/2 hours later. He is doing fine.

The surgeon said he had a hereditary defect in his heart where the valve was like a "stub" and not doing the job it should. They replaced it was an artificial one made of carbon fibre and then snipped off a little piece of the heart that collects 90% of the clots that run through it. I guess that was necessary as he will be on blood thinners the rest of his life.

All in all though, from the word I have gotten from my father is that he is okay and doing fine. I am going to see him tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers.

1 comments:

Soozcat said...

Yeah, that was scary. I'm glad they discovered all this before he had a heart attack or other seriously bad incident.