CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Still . . .


Here it is 14 years later and people still place momentos around the site of the bombing in Oklahoma City. When I was there I thought about that a bit, but then remembered that two years ago when I visited the Vietnam Memorial in DC a park ranger told me that many tons of items are left at the site each year and the park service doesn't throw any of it away. They have huge warehouses and just keep and store it all.
Don't know what that means to me, but it made an impression on me that somewhere in the big, crazy government at least a committee of people understood that lives lost meant something to our citizens and to respect that, all momentos would be kept and not discarded.

2 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

We went there with Dan and Becca.
Makes us greatful for what we have, and whose fighting for it.

Chuckleheads said...

What a nice sentiment to think that they really do "care..." Even if its a big warehouse of "stuff."