CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Chesno Hiving


I got a disappointing phone call on the 11th. Turns out that because of rain in California, my bees wouldn't be ready on the 22nd. The date was pushed back a week to the 29th, and maybe even until May. However, if I wanted, there were some extra packages (2.5 pounds of bees + queen), available immediately. I wanted.

My wife was kind enough to drive down to Salt Lake City and pick them up and transport approximately 15,000 buzzing bees an hour and a half back home. No doubt it was mildly intimidating, but she got it done.

That night they arrived home too late to hive, so I did it the next day at lunch time. There were thousands of bees flying around, but they all went to their homes just fine.

It's amazing how many people become interested in this hobby when you tell them that is what you're doing. If your not even the slightest bit interested, don't ask a beekeeper about his hobby, he will drone [delicious pun] on about it for an hour.

0 comments: