CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Chesno Home

I love where I live. I really do. There are no public buildings where I live other than the church. We have no post office, stores, or anything but neighbors and land. It's wonderful

Do you remember the old farmer from Napoleon Dynamite that shot his cow in the face with a shotgun? This morning before work I met a old man like him.

I was out setting my new flagpole in concrete and he pulled up in a truck. He was removing dams from the ditch and we just started talking.

"So, you're the one who bought Earl's place huh," he asked.

"Yup," I responded. "I guess he had to sell out sometime last year," I added, being kind to the memory of Earl.

"Naw, that guy couldn't keep it in his pants. Having an affair here, another with her, another there. I thought I was going to have to come and straighten him out."

That's why I love the place. The people speak their mind. They wave to you as they drive by. They'll drive to the barn at 10pm to get you the tool you stopped by to borrow. I hope it stays just like it is forever.

0 comments: