CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 25, 2006

Chesno Dad

So, I'm not a new dad (my son is 5), but sometimes I feel like it.

Last weekend we went to Bear Lake and spent plenty of time on the water. My wife asked me to slather my boy up with sunscreen. When I got over to him, he was covered with sand, so what does a dad do? He just mixes all that sand and sunscreen together in a gloopey paste on his boy. Even worse, we realized the next day that I must have been concerned about getting any in his eyes because he had a big, lopsided, retangular sunburn mask across his eyes.

Dad strikes!

The next day was Sunday and I left church early because my brother was coming into town for just a short time. I needed to get some cleaning and food prep done, but I had brought the baby home with me. She was crying and time was getting short. I had her in the baby swing with the pacifier, but she wouldn't be settled. Then I had an idea. I spread a little corn syrup on the pacifier (at least I knew honey wasn't good for babies), and she took it like a charm. She was asleep in less than a minute, then I cleaned off her mouth so she didn't stick to my wife the next time she nursed.

Dad strikes again!

P.S. Honey, sorry you had to hear about this incident this way.

0 comments: