CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sinterklaas


Some time between last night and this morning our family was visited by Sinterklaas. That's the beauty of having family from recent decent from different lands. You get all of those family traditions that make for fun (and extended) holiday seasons.
My son Turner made sure to leave a carrot, apple, and some celery in his shoes by the door for Americo, Sinterklaas' white horse. He knows the drill . . . leave a treat for the horse, get a treat in return.
He knows the night of Sinterklaas and Black Pete's visit even better than my wife does. She called me at work and asked for the date. When I told her, Turner said, "I told you so." To be a kid at Christmas again . . .

1 comments:

Soozcat said...

The ol' Sint came to our house and dropped a whole lotta Almond Roca in our shoes. Gotta love that.