CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Finger

So, it's been 20 days. That's better than 9 months.

I'm here in Oklahoma now. Things are going well. However, last week my finger just went, well, wierd on me.

It started swelling up. I ignored it. On day #4 I decided to get it looked at. I went to the ER here on post on President's Day. It was grossly infected and swollen up with puss. I got a shot of novicane or some deadening injection on each side of the finger. That didn't do it. Another two shots. Then the doc started cutting. Then I told him I could feel it. Another two shots.

He cut my finger open pretty deep and squoze (sp?) out a bunch of junk. At one point he said, "I got it. The abscess pocket was pretty deep there, but I got it." Eww. Then he packed it and told me I had to go back every day for heaven knows how long to remove the packing and stuff new in the wound.

That lasted two days. I'm taking care of it myself now. Looking pretty good. Not hurting too bad. And, I don't have a doc stuffing junk up into my wound (Army docs aren't the most gentle around). Too bad this week we are doing combative training including a lot of wrestling. I'm sure that won't hurt my finger.

4 comments:

Cothran Family said...

That is disgusting Tom, Sorry about the finger!

Soozcat said...

Gleah. How'd that happen, I wonder?

Lael said...

Gross. Yes strangely fascinating.

Chuckleheads said...

It just abscessed without a cut or anything??? Is it healing now?