CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lindsborg, Kansas


So, on my way to Oklahoma I drove 5 miles out of my way and spent over an hour-and-a-half in the town of Lindsborg, Kansas. "Why?", you ask. Well, Lindsborg was founded by Swedish imigrants and is home of a Scandinavian import company I've ordered from several times. I actually got to go to their brick and mortar store and speak with them and enjoy the town. Pretty cool place. I called Jenn while I was there and told here that if we ever left Cache Valley I know where we would move. I mean really, How can you not love a town with a chamber of commerce that looks like this.


4 comments:

Soozcat said...

The place you buy from wouldn't happen to be Hemslöjd, would it? I love those guys!

Lael said...

Have you ever been to Leavenworth, WA? Herzlich Willkommen to Your Bavarian Getaway. http://www.leavenworth.org

I drove through on a work trip once. It was like a whole other country.

Chuckleheads said...

It really is adorable, but Kansas? You may want to rethink that reasoning...

Chesno Slova said...

You hit the nail on the head Sooz. It's a great company. Extremely nice too. I bought a couple prints they had and since I got the last ones in the store they gave them to me for half price. If you're going through it's definately worth the stop.

If you've got Swedish blood you'll lvoe it.