CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 13, 2006

Chesno Butt Rock

Back in the late '80s and early '90s my buddies (especially Eric "Ponch" Buchanan) and I were total Butt Rockers. We loved Poison, Winger, AC-DC and all the other "hair" bands whether technically Butt Rock or not.

Lately, I've begun a bit of a butt rock renaissance. I have begun creating entries to a fictional Butt Rock Hall of Fame and have been emailing them to Ponch on (nearly) a weekly basis. So far, Night Ranger, Skid Row, Poison, Damn Yankees and Winger have been honoured as inductees. I have plans in the future of welcoming Tesla, Nelson, Cinderella, Slaughter, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Motley Crue, and more to the Hall.

One day I plan to put all the inductees background info and some music and outrageous photos on a website named The BA Sprinkling System Butt Rock Hall of Fame. You see Ponch and I had a sprinkling system company in high school that was named after us Buchanan-Ashton or BA. BA also stood for other rockin' cool things. Naturally, BA Sprinklers would serve as the sponsors of the Hall of Fame much like the Delta Center or Air Canada Centre. On the website I envision a rippin' split bottom electric guitar serving as the ending "K" in "rock". Can't wait for how cool that will be.

Anyway, I came across this awesome picture of a rock formation in California. It has been named "Butt Rock". If I were a true stoner I would totally think that was much funnier than it really is, but in any case, it is pretty cool. Maybe I'll work it into the logo.

4 comments:

Captain Midnight said...

I wasn't all that impressed with the butt rock bands you mentioned when I was growing up. I give credit to graduating high school in Germany, and so many of the bands didn't make it across the pond too well.

Altho, I do like some songs from the Scorpions. For some unexplainable reason, German butt rock was surprisingly popular in Germany.

Chesno Slova said...

There was just something about being a young teenage boy in Jr. High that just bred followers of Butt Rock. I'm just realizing how much it was incorporated into our inside jokes, group slang, and history as friends. It's absolutely true that music has a HUGE influence on people, so make sure you listen to the kind that is good.

Soozcat said...

I had no idea Eric Buchanan's nickname was "Ponch." Heh.

Your Scandinavian baking book is on its way!

Chesno Slova said...

"Ponch" it is because one of our other friends Josh "Kennan" Faulkner swore he looked like Officer Francis Llewellyn 'Ponch' Poncherello. I personally think we should change it to Francis Llewellyn.